Is your workout making you FAT
Many women are wasting hours working out every week and not losing weight?
In fact many women will tell you how often they exercise but to look at them you kind of think to yourself REALLY.
So whats going on?
Why do some women who workout look amazing and others look like they have never exercised in their life?
Now I am not saying they are not fit
- As Yes you can be fit and over weight and if you’re happy with that then that’s great.
Feeling fit and healthy is awesome but for me looking fit is the icing on the cake – Yummy
and I know its true for the thousands of women I have trained to help lose weight, tone up and get a flat tummy..
If I am going to spend the time and effort to workout and eat right I certainly want that effort to show –
It makes me feel better, boosts my confidence, I feel better in my clothes and its nice when people notice and give you compliments.
So why do some women look awesome and others not?
Well it comes down to a few key factors that I am going to share with you..
For 10 years I ran a personal training studio that specialised in Total Body Transformation challenges.
My studio was not about training body builders or athletes but really transforming the lives of ordinary women,
Mums , Nannas, busy professionals, teens and women looking to be who they really wanted to be.
Women who knew they wanted to change their body, make it more toned, lose some fat, feel stronger, leaner and sexier.
What they did not know was how to do it.
So every 8 or 12 weeks we would run a Total Body Transformation challenge.
The challenge would attract a huge number of women desperate to transform their body.
Super enthusiastic women who would sit in my office and pour their heart out about how miserable they are feeling.
They would tell me why now was the time they were going to work hard and achieve the body of their dreams.
I would give them all the tools they required to succeed,
run shopping tours, nutrition seminars, life changing goals setting seminars, Re-Focus sessions, regular measurement
checks to monitor progress, Fun training sessions, weight training sessions, mini challenges training sessions, setting and
breaking records training sessions.
Any you know what?
In as little as 8 – 12 weeks some women smashed it – They lost a huge amount of weight, lost crazy amounts of body fat and totally transformed – they looked amazing.
Check out Past WINNERS – Stefanie (12 weeks) and Anthea (8 weeks)
However for some they looked no different and continued entering comps every 12 weeks without ever changing – a year later many were the same and some were worse.
So WHY – They were all working out and in a Transformation Challenge – Right
So heres the difference between the two groups.
- Stopped all the excuses on day 1
- Changed their mindset – lost the defeatus attitude
- Set a goal – they knew exactly what they wanted to achieve and by when but most importantly they were honest with themselves about why they wanted to achieve this goal and how important it was for them
- Put together a vision board – a constant visual reminder of what they wanted to achieve (this is simply a sheet of card board with pictures all over it – inspiring pictures from magazines, old photos where they were in shape, anything that appealed to them to constantly remind them why they are putting in the effort)
- Worked out 3 x per week following my simple dynamic training programs
- Stuck to my easy to follow ‘Flat tummy Solution’ meal plans
- Had a refuel day every week – “yes you can eat pizza on refuel day”
- Read all the information I gave them to guarantee transformation success
- Were active in the forum – chatting with like minded people for constant support and made new fit friends
- Monitored their progress weekly for motivation – if you are doing it right you WILL get a result EVERY week.
- Set themselves a reward if they achieved their goal at the end – Anthea’s reward was a trip to Hawaii with her husband for their 40th wedding anniversary.
Those that had no change
- Were constantly making excuses to cheat on their diet
“I had to have cake for Bob somebodies birthday” –“I cant get rid of the junk food as its for the kids” - “I have to drink alcohol at the conference” – “I was travelling” – “I was feeling light headed”
(Honestly I can go on for the days with the excuses I have heard)
- Refused to acknowledge or change their self-sabotaging behaviours. -
( argghh stop lying to yourself as the only person getting hurt is you and only you can stop it)
- Did not really have a strong emotional goal – its was just fluffy stuff like “get a bit fitter”
- Had a lot of negative distractions in their environment – unsupportive partner, jealous friends who would feel threatened if their friend was no longer the “fat one”
- Just put minimal effort into the workouts – spent more time resting then working out , took short cuts in every exercise
(Some clients were so lazy I had visions of poking them with an electric cattle prod just to shock the excuses out of them and get them doing what they were meant to be doing)
- Did not follow my tried, tested and proven nutrition plans
- Either did not refuel each week or refuelled over two or more days leading to weight gain
- Was too busy to read all the information I gave them to guarantee transformation success
- Did not fully get involved in the transformation program or share their challenges with others
- Did not monitor their progress so soon lost interest and gave up.
- Told themselves it’s OK I will just have a bit of a break and join the next one.
So the 3 key factors to guaranteeing that you look lean and toned is
1. Set your self a specific goal and set a deadline on that goal
– really understand why that goal is important to you –
- It should be so powerful you can talk about it for hours
– if you start crying even better as it needs to come from your heart.
2. Eat to a proven plan and be consistent
– if its worked for thousands of women of all ages and sizes it will work for you if you follow it exactly as you should.
3. What you do in your workout counts
– if you want to get toned you MUST lift weights, you MUST mix up your workout so your not doing the same thing every session.
If you are not a fan of cardio stick with dynamic workouts like the ones in my “Flat tummy Solution” program
– I developed this style of workout before I even became a personal trainer, as I just did not enjoy your typical gym workouts or classes on offer
Well I have a NEW “Miss Fitness Life” Transformation Challenge starting soon
You can train at home or at your local gym and I will provide you with everything I know to get you that HOT, Lean and Toned body you crave.
Just register your interest – LIKE or comment on this page and you will be the first to get all the information to ensure you do not miss out.
Who knows you could end up with the body of your dreams and win some awesome prizes.