Here is the answer to the Question: How to Eat Clean.
The other day I was at my local fruit market talking to a friend about my favourite TOPIC: making healthy meals and sharing recipes and ideas
A lady in the store happened to overhear us and asked
“What is clean Eating?”
“How do I start eating Clean?”
It got me thinking that you know what, I am sure not everyone knows what eating clean really is.
I have had numerous personal trainers start work at my studio and have no idea about how to eat clean until I educated them.
SO how does the regular person in the street get the right advice?
Well I am going to give you everything you need to know to start eating clean today
The advice I am about to give you if put into practice will help you drop bodyfat faster then any other diet or exercise plan.
You will also have an abundance of energy
You will never be hungry
You will eliminate cravings
You will drop fat FAST….
Eating clean was a term previously only associated with Body builders
Body builders have the lowest amount of body fat then any other athlete on the planet
Male body builders in comp season can have a body fat percentage as low as 2% – 5% compared to your average guy in the street who has 25% – 34%
And being 3% bodyfat does not mean looking like a weedy string bean – it’s a very muscular and defined (ripped) look – kind of like their muscles and body have been shrink-wrapped.
Then women caught onto the secret of the clean eating philosophy and followed the same protocols
– 5-6 meals per day and a good spilt of Protein, Carbs “YES” Carbs (the right carbs from from fruit, Vegetables and grains) and Fats and just reduced the portion size.
And that was the creation of the most desired womens figure on the planet
This way of eating reshaped the womens body allowing sexy curves to luminate out of tight and defined bodies.
This way of eating was no longer a diet but a Lifestyle for Figure models, Fitness Models, Bikini Models and women who wanted to look 10 years younger.
I often talk about eating 5-6 PURE Healthy meals per day.
You see no matter how much exercise you do you will never get that super lean and toned look without Eating a balance of pure foods made up of the right ratio of Protein, Carbs, Fat and Fibre to get your body into RESPONSE MODE for fatloss.
So to keep it simple here are my 10 key elements to eating clean – enjoy, Vix
1) At least 90-95% of the food on your plate should be fresh – this means no more then 5-10% of each meal should contain anything Processed, Manufactured, or come from prepacked, chemically altered, artificially sweetened and definitely nothing labelled Diet or low fat
2) Consume 2- 4 cups of vegetables per day – Green Veggies are the BEST – broccoli, green beans, zucchini, sweet potato, salads, kale, spinach, cucumbers – vegetables FLUSH your body and do not store as FAT – the nutrients and vitamins will make you feel focused and energetic and help keep your skin looking young and fresh.
3) Aim to get in at least 2-3 litres (1/2 -1 gallon) of water per day – you will know you have had enough water if when you ‘pee’ its CLEAR…
4) eat a portion of protein with EVERY meal (Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Tofu, Soy, Tempeh, Egg whites, cottage cheese, natural yoghurt, superclean protein ) – This will help stabilise your blood sugar levels and keep you feeling full
5) Good fats are essential but are easy to overdo – so just 5-6 almonds, a tablespoon of avocado and the fat found in your protein is usually your maximum daily allowance.
6) For Fatloss Reduce or eliminate all starchy carbs – bread, pasta, white rice, pastries – these foods take longer to digest and can easily be stored as fat which may also make you feel sluggish..
7) Alcohol is a big NO on a clean Diet – when you drink alcohol your body stops burning fat until all the acetone from the alcohol is out of your system, whilst this is happening your metabolism slows right down and instead of burning fat your taking a big step backwards. Aim for an Alcohol period to see rapid fatloss then just stick to only drinking at special occasions or in moderation one day per week.
8) Eat regularly thru the day 5-6 meals per day or every 2-3 hours – But please make sure your Energy levels match your calorie consumption in regards to your goals – you can eat nothing but 100% pure clean foods but if you eat TOO MUCH you will get fat or gain weight..
9) Protein smoothies are Ok if the protein powder is pure Like my Superclean Protein – being 100% natural Whey, Soy or my fav Pea protein – as soon as the protein powder has multiple ingredients and contains artificial sweeteners, flavours and chemicals its toxic.
So many of my clients were struggling to find a clean protein I ended up making my own.
10) You just need to get creative in the kitchen and you will never have to eat the same meal twice – stop thinking of clean eating as a diet and start thinking of it as a way of life and it will get FUN
– you can still enjoy all your favourite foods once you learn how to make them in a clean and healthy way with the RIGHT balance of macros and postions
– When out with friends go to cafes that serve REAL food and enjoy a freshly made meal as you socialise
and mix up your cooking techniques and search the thousands of recipes readily available and your set.
There you have it – So yes it may require a little more preparation on your behalf but the results will be worth it
Not only will you look and feel better but your whole vitality and outlook on life will improve.